Saturday, July 11, 2009

Shakespeare in the Park

So I woke up at 4 this morning (Along with Mary, Yolanda, and Anyi) in hopes of getting tickets for Shakespeare in the Park at the Delacorte Theater of Central Park. The play is Twelfth Night and has Anne Hathaway in it, her stage debut.

I was like, I must be crazy to get up this early considering they don't hand out tickets until 1pm.

No. I am not crazy. Those are the people who spent the night on the street, on Central Park West, sleeping on cobblestones with sleeping bags, tents, air beds etc. Wow. When we got there the line was already 12 blocks long. I could not believe it.

So we stayed in line until they opened the park at 6am. Where we were like 15 people from the supposed cut-off. Banking on people to leave the line we still stayed in line. We moved a little ways down but by this time we were tired and not to mention I was the only one who brought a towel so it was four girls sitting on one towel. Which looked so funny compared to everyone else who brought like extra large blankets and pillows.

It wasn't too bad waking up this morning. After we all got going it was like we were high on life or lack of sleep. It was nice and by the time we decided to eat brunch it was actually 7:00. Waking up early warps your sense of time for sure.

Decided to go to Tom's in the UWS/Morningside Heights. You know, the Seinfeld storefront. Then I took the girls on the tour of Columbia because I know it all so well. (harharhar)

Took a nap until 1 and we went to sushi. nom nom nom. On the way home we passed a dollar store and I got everyone to go in and of course we found a lot of basics for...$1 duh! I really like dollar stores now. There is one by Penn Station that my mom dubbed my favorite store because I'm always buying odds and ends from there. HAH!

Pics:

People sleeping, blurry because I didn't want to look conspicuous:


People debating on whether to get in line after the supposed cut-off:


Breakfast at Tom's, I love sausage and french toast:


Sushi lunch! Forgot I had this app on my phone that changes picture styles so I used it on the last image:


No comments:

Post a Comment