Sunday, July 18, 2010

Resurrection

I think it's the right time for me to bring back my blog. Why? Because I am now back in NYC...permanently.

I was blessed enough to graduate college and land a job in my dream city. Which also happens to be the dream city of millions of others. I am excited to report my adventures, musings and missteps to my...ahem..DEDICATED readers.


I live in Astoria, Queens. I love it here. I get low rent but a large apartment. Cozy cafes, bustling bars and small grocers line the streets along with all the other necessities such as laundromats and discount stores.

It's cute and homey. Our land lady/owner is a nice, first generation Italian named Ninfa. She has the cutest Italian accent and knows all the neighbors who are Italian as well. Joe and Lucy, our neighbors even grow grapes in their back yard. It's quite lovely.

My nabe also feels very safe. I have no qualms, yet, about walking home at night from the subway alone. We live pretty much in the heart of Astoria close to the main streets of Broadway and Steinway so there is always something to do.

So, I hope ya'll are ready for more posts. I want to be more prompt and informational than last summer. I know my friends and family would also love updates about my oh-so-glamorous life as a New Yorker.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty pumped about these prompt, informational updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post pictures of your apartment! And everything else, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about those macaroons?!

    ReplyDelete