Thursday, July 22, 2010

Working girl

I've decided to show ya'll my commute to work!

I would post pics of the apt but it is BARE and I do not know if I feel like sharing until my bed gets here. We shall see.

So I wake up in the morning feeling like P.Diddy...just kidding.

Every morning I leave this cute apt:


Turn the corner and walk down Broadway, a main and busy street in Astoria. I love it:


I walk to the subway and wait for my train, outside of Manhatten most of the trains run above ground:


I get off my first train and then transfer to a train that comes, literally, into my building. Hello Manhatten! View from the platform:


The above ground trains move rather slowly compared to underground ones. I always pass this awesome building I named the graffiti building:


I think the building is so cool and I enjoy seeing it everyday. One day I'll visit.

The train then wooshes into Grand Central and I exit like this:


Yes, the 7 train is about 6 stories underground. I walk up the stairs usually because the escalators are so slow. And for the morning commute, both go up only.

I pass a Starbucks and YAY work!


I make my way to my tiny desk. Okay, so I don't have a cube yet...this is temporary, we're moving soon to the upper floor and this is what I got. But I also got the best computer. And see my Smuckers' jars? ACCOUNT REPRESENT:


And as a bonus, what I wore to work today:


Do I look like a seasoned New Yorker yet? The canvas tote I carry has my lunch in it. I prefer not to put food inside my baby aka my beautiful, yellow bag. Duh.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you haven't put anything yellow on your desk yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe you take mui mui around

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I spent too much time at furniture store. I want to see your face. Miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete