Thursday, August 19, 2010

Another weekend

I'm going to try and post more than once a week. But until then, you'll just get a digestive of what I've done...mostly about the weekend.

I think my growing 'dread' towards blog posts is, while I really really want to do them, I also want to document everything! So my new game plan, before I get into an awful cycle of never posting, is to just post random things. You may not get all the details but it's better than nothing.

Last Friday was a work group outing to upstate NY for rafting and a pig roast. It was amazing. Can I just mention how wonderful the weather is up here? Fantastical. Of course my dad says that only way to maintain my love for the summers up here is to go back to Austin and remember what a real summer is.

Now...for a post in pictures:

Charter bus ride...2.5 hours...
Bus that took us to the drop off site for rafting
Views from the raft, on the Delaware river...I think this is NY
And this is Pennsylvania, but I may be wrong
Quaint town, so small there were no cell phone towers and consequently no cell service, just the way I like it
Bear...the most beautiful, friendly and fun golden retriever I've ever met
Our EVP's country house that hosted our lovely dinner picnic, it was GORGEOUS
There was even a port-a-potty for our convenience
100lb pig that had been roasting ALL day
Caterers from a local, gourmet restaurant
We relaxed...I gave Yesenia an Asian foot back-rub, hahah
The best meal I've had all summer probably. Slaw, roasted corn salad, cucumber salad, ROAST PIG, chick pea and beans, mac & cheese...I had shamelessly ate two loaded plates...
And we had s'mores for dessert!
NOM NOM NOM

Other miscellaneous items from last week:

Jackie came back from Europe and brought us macarons from the world-famous Ladurée, birthplace of the first double decker macarons
Vivian sent me an H&M gift card for my birthday, which I bought a 'much needed' new shirtdress, I love it.
I went to a private party featuring DJ Questlove (drummer from the Roots) and Janelle Monae
The beautiful building I work in

No comments:

Post a Comment