Monday, August 9, 2010

Lazy Days of Summer

I am enjoying life post grad tremendously. It is great to just go to work, go home and not have anything pressing to do. Like, I can just leave all my work worries at work and spend time for myself on the weekends. Granted, I realize this is an easy rut to get stuck in. I suppose I will eventually join some organizations or extracurriculars. Or start studying for the GMAT. But for now, I will enjoy my hazy, lazy days of summer and adjust to life after school.

There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day to fully do everything you want. For example, I still need to buy furniture for my room because it still just a mattress on the floor...and boxes that are half-open and haphazardly strewn all over my room. And I just unpacked my stand mixer which means I'm itching to start baking. And I still need to sign up for a gym. And start reading books again instead of reading magazines such as Better Homes and Gardens and Whole Living.

This being said. I did none of the above this weekend. SURPRISE!

Friday night was spent cooking, eating, painting my nails and watching the final episodes of Mad Men season 1. I. am. so. wild.

Saturday we were supposed to go to the beach. L and I were suppose to meet some friends and coworkers at Penn Station and go to Long Beach (about an hour train ride). There is a LIRR deal that gets you a round-trip and beach admission for $19. We were supposed to be at Penn around 11:30am. It was 11:25 and we were still on the subway, halfway there, ticketless, and our couch was scheduled for delivery from 6pm-10pm. We promptly decided to got to Central Park instead and hopped off at the next stop. HAHAHA

It was a beautiful day. I actually laid out in the sun instead of the shade this time. And I was not burning/sweating to death.

Views from walking through the park.
Sheep's Meadow, I think. A lovely lawn and where we parked ourselves.

Good thing we came home early. Our couch arrived at 5pm. It came like this:
"Can we pay you to put it together?" "I don't even know what you guys ordered..."
 Stupidly we asked if they (the delivery men) were going to put it together for us...of course not because it's from Ikrazy so it's all DIY. We opened all the boxes, in order to find instructions. We found it in the LAST box we opened and even then we couldn't find the instructions. Our place then looked like this:
We left it like this all night

We were hungry and frustrated so instead of putting the couch together, we decided to go out for dinner...and chose the farthest choice, Thai Son in Chinatown, to eat at. We also got bubble tea. Of course, instead of cleaning up our mess and assembling the couch we decided to go out. I ended the late night...or should I say early morning with a delicious taco al pastor that was just pork, very authentic. Best (and only) two dollars spent that night.
The new Best Wurst ya'll

The next morning we tackled the furniture. It took us 2 hours.
POWER TOOLS
Look at that sun kissed skin, courtesy of Central Park.
"Let's just arrange the cushions and make that our couch."
CLEAN ALL THINGS!
So close but we were crashing...
And in the after it was all done we took a 3 hour nap on our new couch.
So big, we fit perfectly.
By the way...I put a sorta-sneaky link to my new favorite blog. Everyone should at least read the post I linked to. It is me, to a T.

3 comments:

  1. I think your definition of lazy is different than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that couch! I think you're still getting more done than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I mean being lazy as not doing the things I plan/have to do. I'm just doing all the fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete