Friday, August 27, 2010

A composition of chaos

Before my posts really get far and few between and before everyone has this big idea in their head that I live such a glamorous life, I've decided to share some details of the past few weeks, days, hours, minutes...

A usual lunch I bring. Not picture all are my cucumbers and carrots.
I found this delicious falafel place in west village called Taim. Definitely going again!
My sabich sandwich: sliced eggplant, fried to order, with an organic egg, parsley, hummus, israeli salad, marinated cabbage, tahini and amba sauces. It was serious so delicious, fresh and light.
It had an Austin-like vibe and super cute and small
Clockwise from top: Crab benedict, croque madame, BBQ pulled pork sandwich, skirt steak breakfast casserole
Roommates...
L made a carrot cake. We had a slice right away.
24 hrs later...this is why we wake up at 6:30am to work out
Sea of Shoes...I finally unpacked another box. All my other shoes are strewn haphazardly all over the apt. The kicker: I don't even wear my heels as much anymore.
Mattie got me the wonderful Molskine recipe journal. I love love love it and looking at recipes. Cannot wait to fill it with my most delicious finds!
Chris brought this back for me from Korea. His name is Sunshine. 
This past Wednesday I went to a screening of Going the Distance. It was a nice night and fun movie to watch...though I wouldn't see it again or pay to see it, and came with a swag bag from which I love the vampire perfume item the most. NOT.

It was filled with random stuff though but my favorite is the nail polish. Or maybe the fake Spanx by Dr. 90210, lol. And yes, that is KY Yours+Mine personal lubricant...maybe I can sell it on the street?

My multicultural team is going to Hill Country BBQ for a taste of Texas. They have stuff like Longhorn Cheddar Mac and Cheese. I am excited!!! And hungry...

Roommate hang out this week. And definitely more baking. I ordered a food processor from Amazon (side note: I am obsessed with shopping on Amazon. I've place 10 orders in the last month. I am on an Amazon budget. No more for August. And then only one order a week starting in Sept.) that has not yet arrived. It better not be lost. I've been looking forward to this for the whole week! So many things to make.

The weather has been great, if not phenomenal. We had a cold front and I got to wear a scarf. Last night I actually wanted to wear my sweater while walking home. And this morning was absolutely beautiful! Loves it.

Also, I cannot wait for my friends to come visit. HINT HINT

3 comments:

  1. Your food stack is so healthy. I am a bum. I know for sure we're going out to lunch every day...

    AND I'M COMING TO VISIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had better not make a post about how you committed assault. Don't want to leave an internet trail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy,
    I got worse bruises when i went kayaking. I mixed salt with a bit water and rubbed gently onto the bruised everyday until it's gone. I could see it gets better everyday.

    ReplyDelete