Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A visitor from below

I realize it's been a while since I've written and I know every one of my readers (yes, all 4 of them) is dying to know what's been going on. Well, I've been extremely busy at work and when I'm not at work I'm either taking time to myself or immersing myself in my new hobby of cooking and baking.

Cooking and baking has always been a hobby for me but somehow, in the past 2 months, it's grown exponentially. Thanks to Gabby I am absolutely obsessed with smitten kitchen. The surprise me feature has me on my toes! I've e-mail myself about 2340842 million recipes to make so far.

This past weekend was very lovely. Mattie came to visit, arriving by Bolt Bus from DC. I wanted to take her to my favorite Hummus Place but it was closed...for Yom Kippur. A holiday that never even crossed my mind! I blame the fact that I grew up in Texas for this oversight.

Anyhow, our weekend was filled with beautiful weather, Subrina, arts and UT football. We ate bagels (YUM, however that is a box I should not have opened because now I want them AOTtime, my new favorite: everything bagel...!!!), had a picnic in Central Park, went to the Met, saw Easy A and ate thin crust pizza.

Oh wait...here is my weekend in pictures:

We had a delightful lunch at Nick's Pizza.
The Metropolitan Museum's current rooftop exhibit: BambĂș. It was pretty awesome.
View of Central Park from the Met rooftop. Imagine the perfect weather that enveloped me as I took in this scene.
Right before Mattie left, we spontaneously stopped at Bouchon Bakery for macarons (we both got caramel, DELICIOUS). On a whim, we had looked it up after seeing a father and twins relish delicacies from this place during our picnic in Central Park.
All in all, I hope Mattie can agree that I am the hostess with the mostess. After this weekend I am determined to make macarons one day and I am in love with this fall weather. And I miss my friends and family from home even more now.

3 comments:

  1. DEFINITELY the hostess with the mostess. Although at one point I believe you said you hated me...so...I dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mattay: YES!!!


    lol Tommy, I do not have the funds for a legit camara.

    ReplyDelete