Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Surprisingly Sunny Rainy Day

Despite the dismal weather, my own gloomy feelings (because the constant grey skies makes me feel like a sloth) and the dreadful rainy/thunderstorm forecast for the next 4 days (it is currently day 4 of rainy weather) today was a nice surprise.

Let's get started.

This morning at 8pm I didn't have cash for my bi-weekly purchase of 2 apples but a kind sir who was in line in front of me was like "Just apples?" and put down the cash. It all happened so fast in the instant of me saying that he didn't have to and simultaneously scrambling in my mind to remember where exactly did I put my cash I think I forgot to say thank you. Which Lauren, who was standing right there, 'kindly' pointed out to me as we walked away... By the time I came to my senses the guy had walked away but thank you to you for helping out someone who believes in an apple a day. 

Had an amazing opportunity to lunch in the Everyday with Rachael Ray test kitchen today. Every seat has a plastic bottle with a message in it. Guess what mine said "Congrats, you won!" WOOT WOOT. I know, ya'll are dying to hear what I won....a giftcard to Eataly! Perfect because I've been meaning to go there. Now I just have to decide if I want to go alone or with someone. I wanted to use it to take a class but Lauren was like "Are you sure you want to do that...ALONE?" Hmm.... I also got a fantastic lunchbox shaped like an artichoke, hahaha. I switch it out with my current one. But now Jackie has called dibs on my old one. Wow.

Buy yours here! They also have tomato and eggplant versions but I thought the artichoke had the most character.
I got to take a floral arrangement course. It was strangely relaxing and now I have a beautiful bouquet that decorates my desk area. And I realized I love love peonies, even if I don't know how to pronounce the name properly. hahahaha
I got skillz, no? You can see my co-worker's arrangement in the background.
I can't remember the name of this pink flower...it started with an R...

Lesson learned: no matter how crappy the weather can be, you can still have a nice day!


P.S. I apologize for my craptastic iPhone 3G pics. I actually bought a real camera but I find I look really Asian taking pics of everything with flash. At least this post had pics.

2 comments:

  1. Just turn the flash off on your camera! Also, I'm a little freaked out by your new lunch box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun things turn gray to pink. Isn't the flower name Ranunculus? Great read. When are you blogging about your Vermont trip?

    ReplyDelete