Sunday, June 14, 2009

First "free" weekend

Let's see...

Since my weekend officially starts Thursdays after work I need to recap the past 2 days.

Thursday after work I went to a happy hour with Carolina. She works at McCann with me and is in MAIP too. She's super nice and we're going to be really good friends. I can already tell. The Happy Hour was full of Gators, because that's where Carolina goes to school, UF. Yup, they have this gator chomp thing which is not as cool as the Hook'Em horns.

Friday...ahhh, I got to sleep in late while all the other interns had to go to work! Okay, I'm just really happy that I get to sleep in. I'll probably use my Fridays to go to museums and shopping as I hope it won't be as crowded as Saturdays. Moving forward, I went shopping!!! Took the subway to the H&M (DUH!) at 59th and Lexington. Bought a lot of cute clothes. Maybe I should take an OOTD, that's Outfit of the Day for those of you who don't know, pictures...yeah, maybe when I get a full-lenght mirror.

Speaking of outfits, I love having a job to get dressed up for. I actually get to wear pencil skirts, cardigans, belts, shift dresses etc. etc. as opposed to jeans and t-shirts though I could wear that if I wanted. Being in NYC has really given more opportunity to style and fashion, IMO because...IDK, everyone is dressed up. It's just different from Austin. That is all.

Friday night a whole large group of us (mostly Longhorns) went out to see the town. It is different from going out in Austin for sure.

Today (Saturday), woke up early to go the Snapple Big Apple Barbecue in Madison Square Garden Park. It's when a bunch of famous bbq-ers from around the country come and sell bbq. Of course, Austin (okay, Driftwood's) own SALT LICK was there!!! NOMNOMNOM. It was by far the longest line (the vendor next to it didn't even have a line and they were selling ribs!) and as you walked through the park a lot of what you heard was "Where is Salt Lick?" REPRESENT!!!

I don't have pictures at the moment but they will come. Salt Lick was selling beef brisket, sausage and coleslaw baskets. NOM.

Then I left the group early (everyone went shopping and stuff) to write my exam essay...so I got back to my place at 2...and started doing things for the essay at 5:30... OKAY. I just finally finished at...12:30 and didn't get to go out with some ot the girls. SAD. To be fair, I took a 2 hour nap before wasting my time but also took a break to order swimming stuff. I'm going to start swimming (we get a free membership to the gym next door and there's a lap pool in it!) as exercise because I think it'll be most effective for my health overall. I got:





Yes. I'm going to look sexy. I was on swim team once you know. Okay, it was like in middle school for 2.5 years but STILL!

I also had a roommate outing with just my roommates. We went to a cute little sushi place across the street and got this ginormous bento boxes for dinner. I actually have LEFTOVERS. Okay, to be fair I ate dumplings before I went but still. Good deal. I will post pics sometime in the future as I plan to frequent this place every week. Seriously. Ilovesushi.

I really wish I didn't have to take summer courses. REALLY WISH. But to be optimistic it will all be over in a few weeks and then I can enjoy the rest of summer with no ESSAYS.

3 comments:

  1. Sandy darling...great that you are starting to swim but can you stop will all the blogger lingo. I dont know what NOM, or IMO mean?!?!? So help us old-fogeys out and write in ENGLISH, the queen's preferably =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nom just means yummy!

    IMO=in my opinion

    I also need to figure out how to I can talk to you...I have boy issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're going to start swimming regularly, then you should take the swimming class with me next fall! It's a grrreat workout. :)

    ReplyDelete