Thursday, June 18, 2009

Here comes the sun...

Okay, seriously, it's been raining every other day since I've been here. To the point where I had to call home and get my rainboots shipped to me. Which I'm so glad I did because it is rainy ALL THE TIME!

I'm not going to complain about the 60-70 degree F weather, it is really nice albeit cold when combined with the rain. But I am TIRED of the rain. It is really cramping my style...literally. I only brought like 2 pairs of work pants because I thought it was SUMMER here. So my dresses and skirts need to wait til it stops raining!!! GAH!

On another note went to happy hour (HH) with a bunch of McCann interns the other day. It was nice to meet all the other interns outside of work. We hardly ever see each other unless it's at intern lunch Wednesdays or if you sit next to people because the company is so large. There were 50 cent wings and I was so hungry but refused to pay half a dollar for a CHICKEN WING.

After HH I took a tour to Chikalicious Dessert Club even though it was late and I hadn't eaten dinner yet (GASP!) for 2 reasons: 1. It was one of my roommate's birthday and she didn't have any plans as we all had to work the next day plus she's been waiting on a package (filled with clothes) from home which has still not come in so she's pretty bummed and 2. I love cupcakes and have made it my goal to go to at least 12 cupcakeries while here...yeah.

So I made the trek around an East Village. Side note: I swear, buying the iPhone is the best imvestment I could have made especially living in NYC and exploring it. I use it all the time to find places to eat, subway stations and where to go in general. I've probably used it more in the past 12 days then I have all school year. It is sooooooo helpful.

The good part, cupcakes! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARBARA!

Clockwise from the top: red velvet, triple chocolate, s'mores, caramel

The were delicious! I only had some of the s'more frosting and it is hard to describe, not actually fluff but more like marshmellow frosting fluff. DELISCIOUS.

Oh and bonus OOTD from yesterday, what I usually wear even though the office is generally more casual:

2 comments:

  1. YELLOW! Also I've worn ONE of my summer dresses. I think I brought 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which one of the cupcakes was your favorite?

    PS. $.50 wings are pretty normal... at Pluckers, it's $5.99 for like 5 wings and waffle fries. Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete